From the charming colonial streets of Cartagena and the verdant coffee region to the creative spirit of Bogotá and Medellín, Colombia offers dynamic cultural immersion in a fast-emerging travel destination. This itinerary balances meaningful discussion of the country’s complex past with an authentic look at the many ways that it is moving into the future—through the perspectives of locals like ex-soldiers, artists, activists and chefs, who will open doors to unforgettable experiences.
What to Expect
Itinerary highlights include:
- Sample the best of Colombia with two nights each in Bogotá, Medellín and Cartagena.
- Gain an authentic understanding of Colombia’s sociopolitical and economic evolution from locals and experts through diverse touring experiences, including street art and architecture exploration in historic neighborhoods, a “Handcrafted in Colombia” survey of Bogotá’s top ateliers and artisan studios, a trip to Comuna 13 to explore the beating heart of contemporary political hip-hop and urban art movements, salsa dancing on a private rooftop with sunset views and more.
- Dive into Colombia’s dynamic food scene with tasting meals at innovative modern restaurants, local favorites and private homes—plus, learn how to make the perfect ceviche with a Colombian chef and tour a family-run hacienda in the Andean countryside.
- Witness a fascinating destination in a moment of transformation, as Colombia emerges from its troubled past into a vibrant new era of peace and cultural development.
- Travel throughout the country in comfort and safety, with designated guides to handle all logistics—plus, enjoy accommodations at the lovely Four Seasons Casa Medina, Elcielo in Medellín and Casa San Agustín Cartagena, as well as prearranged flights and car transfers throughout the itinerary.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert team will help you navigate a safe and rewarding travel experience—and help plan custom trip extensions within Colombia or beyond. Plus: you’ll have complimentary 24/7 access to the emergency medical, security and evacuation services of Global Rescue on the ground.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about customizing this trip for your small group or private experience, over dates of your choosing.
The health and safety of our travelers is our No. 1 priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. For any questions, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
WhenApril 15 - 21 and October 21 - 27, 2023
Length7 days / 6 nights
Type of TravelerIntellectuals , Art Lovers , Foodies