Mexico’s colorful metropolis has shot to the top of every design lover’s list, with one of the highest concentrations of museums and galleries in the world, an innovative, globally renowned food scene, and a profusion of high-design shops and hotels. On this journey, you can experience the icons and highlights of this culture capital in the company of local tastemakers and curators, with expert-guided tours of the city’s most interesting neighborhoods and visits focused on the groundbreaking work of Luis Barragán, Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo; the nuances of artisanal mezcal; up-and-coming contemporary artists and so much more.
The health and safety of our travelers is our number-one priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. We are in close contact with all of our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing and testing guidelines, and remaining as low-contact as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place to make your trip as safe as possible, as well as entry/exit requirements for Mexico, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
What to Expect
Itinerary highlights include:
- Enjoy curator- and artist-led visits of top contemporary art galleries, museums and studios in Mexico City, with opportunities for shopping in design neighborhoods like Polanco and Roma.
- Gain after-hours access to the National Anthropology Museum for a private tour of this staggering collection of precolonial artifacts—the city’s most-visited museum.
- Explore the work of Pritzker Prize-winning architect Luis Barragán, including an exclusive viewing of Casa Luis Barragán with an expert guide.
- Dive into the world of Mexico’s most talented artist couple, Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo, with private tours of their former homes and studios.
- Meet with two locally-renowned chefs for a market tour and hands-on cooking class at the beautifully restored mansion Casa Jacaranda.
- Visit a traditional mezcalería for a tequila and mezcal tasting experience, and learn about the origins and production processes of these two agave spirits.
- Relax at the Four Seasons, one of Mexico City’s finest and best-located luxury hotels.
- Connect with fellow travelers who share your interests and passions over meals at top tables like Enrique Olvera’s Pujol.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert Insider Journeys team will help you navigate a safe and rewarding travel experience—and help plan custom trip extensions to San Miguel de Allende, Oaxaca or beyond. Plus: you’ll be guided through the new travel landscape by one of our senior team members, Elise Bronzo, and our most trusted local partners while on the ground.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
WhenTo be announced
Length6 days / 5 nights
Type of TravelerArt Lovers , Foodies , Style Mavens