The world’s tallest freestanding mountain, Mount Kilimanjaro lures adventurers, thrill-seekers and climbers to Tanzania to summit its peak. A physically and mentally challenging excursion, the trip is a once-in-a-lifetime experience, where each step can lead to a new discovery, and the journey is as inspiring as the destination.
In the words of Indagare’s Diana Li, who scouted out this itinerary last year and successfully summited Mount Kilimanjaro: “I discovered more about myself than my surroundings. I had time to listen and be fully present. I focused on achieving a single goal with a community that taught me oneness and perseverance.” On this special group trip, you can check this adventure off your bucket list—with a team of experts that have your back (on the way up, and down!).
The health and safety of our travelers is our number-one priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. We are in close contact with all of our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced sanitization and disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing guidelines, and remaining as contactless as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place to make your trip as safe as possible, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
What to Expect
This packaged itinerary combines the best of Indagare’s destination expertise and insider intel. Itinerary highlights include:
- Climb the tallest freestanding mountain in the world (with a summit of 19,340 feet) with a package that includes expert guides and all camping/safety equipment (including oxygen). Local expertise enhances your experience, and heightens your probability of summiting.
- Reach untouched views—on the so-called “Roof of Africa”—that will take your breath away. As you journey through several climate zones, you will watch the landscape change accordingly. Finally, the summit offers an exhilarating view that stretches across the horizon.
- Enjoy the ascent of the spectacular seven-day Machame Route, which passes through forests, lunar deserts and glacial valleys and is generally considered to be the most beautiful of the Kilimanjaro paths.
- Enjoy VIP camp services. Locally-based climbing staff will be on hand to set up a comfortable campsite (equipped with two-person, walk-in tents featuring two beds each with a three-inch mattress and thermal sleeping bag) for you every day in advance of your arrival; the next morning, they will dismantle the camp and move it after your departure, so that you can focus on the climb. Toilet and shower tents are included (a luxury on Kilimanjaro), as well as a communal mess tent where you can relax with your fellow climbers over meals.
- Relax, adjust, acclimatize and prepare for the expedition with two nights at the peaceful Arusha Coffee Lodge upon arrival in Tanzania, before departure for the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Add on an Indagare-planned trip extension to the Serengeti for safari, the beaches of Zanzibar and beyond.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about customizing this trip for your small group or private experience, over dates of your choosing.
WhenOctober 17 - 25, 2021
Length9 days / 8 nights
Type of TravelerAdventurers , Soul Searchers , Trailblazers