The pairing of buzzy, cosmopolitan London and the rolling meadows of the Cotswolds presents an irresistible summer retreat. And this coming June, interior designer, world traveler and bon vivant Serena Crawford invites you to sample this season’s aesthetic and cultural delights, through one-of-a-kind visits that will take you into private homes and gardens of prominent designers, artists and insiders. You will also be joined by award-winning local guide Felicity Wentzel, who holds a Blue Badge (the UK’s highest professional guiding accreditation), for historical and architectural insights—and you’ll stay at two of our favorite luxury hotels in England: the Brown’s Hotel, A Rocco Forte Hotel, and Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons.
A spot on this trip may be reserved with a nonrefundable deposit of 50% of the total trip cost, with full payment due February 1, 2023.
Plus: You can also travel with Serena this October on our Insider Journey to Istanbul. Click here to learn more and sign up.
What to Expect
For this special journey, we are thrilled to partner with Serena Crawford to bring you unmatched access to private experiences in London and the Cotswolds. Highlights of this itinerary include the opportunity to:
- With your host Serena Crawford, enjoy special invitations to visit private members clubs in London, as well as the beautiful Cotswolds countryside homes and gardens of prominent designers and creatives. Connect with the owners of stately homes and the people who grew up in them, as well as your hosts and fellow travelers who share your interests and passions, over festive group meals.
- Experience Kensington Palace, where you will see the Princess of Wales’ sunken garden and visit the exhibition “The Red Carpet Comes to Kensington Palace.”
- Explore the picturesque university town of Oxford, home to scholars, artists and scientists for centuries, with visits to its historic buildings and afternoon tea with one of the university’s insiders, who will also be your guide.
- Take a one-of-a-kind shopping tour in London focused on the history and style of British heritage brands—including some of the oldest stores in the United Kingdom and the eminent holders of Royal Warrants—with such highlights as a private tea tasting at Fortnum & Mason. You will also have a private tour at Selfridges with a specialist guide and in-house brand manager, who will share the history and heritage of the renowned department store, before time to shop.
- Meet Andrew Prince, the chief jeweler for Downton Abbey, who will show you the real Downton jewels and talk to you about the importance of jewelry and its symbolic uses in the Royal Family.
- Enjoy private history-, culture- and architecture-focused touring with award-winning Blue Badge tourist guide for London Felicity Wentzel. The Blue Badge is the UK’s highest professional accreditation for guiding.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert Insider Journeys team will help you navigate a safe and rewarding travel experience, and you’ll have complimentary 24/7 access to the emergency services of Global Rescue, on the ground. Plus: Indagare can arrange tailor-made trip extensions paired to this itinerary, including further exploration in England and beyond, if you are an Indagare member (at additional cost).
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
The health and safety of our travelers is our No. 1 priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. For any questions, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WhenJune 11 - 17, 2023
Length7 days / 6 nights
Type of TravelerStyle Mavens , Intellectuals , Ultimate Indulgers