One of the three pilgrimages of Christianity (alongside Jerusalem and Rome), the Camino de Santiago is an ancient network of walking paths leading to the city of Santiago de Compostela, in the northwestern region of Spain known as Galicia. Hundreds of thousands of spiritual seekers have traversed these paths since their foundation—in search of peace, healing and discovery. Today a UNESCO World Heritage Site and as much a rite of travel as of religion, the Camino is a journey that leaves no explorer unchanged. Join us for the Indagare take on this legendary experience, traversing the Portuguese route to conquer over 100 kilometers, or nearly 70 miles. The itinerary also includes ample time to savor the unique towns of the Iberian countryside, and their art, history and cuisine—all with your host, Indagare founder Melissa Biggs Bradley.
This trip is currently sold out. Request an itinerary or contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to join the waitlist!
What to Expect
- Walk the historic Portuguese route of the ancient Camino de Santiago pilgrimage, to reach the sacred Spanish city of Santiago de Compostela. The route will cross Roman roads with centuries of stories behind them—following stunning coastal footpaths dotted by cultural curiosities and charming villages. Along the way, expert guides will share their knowledge about the history and importance of this route and provide stamps for your Pilgrim’s Passport certificate—the tradition of the Camino and a true badge of honor for those who walk over 100 kilometers.
- Begin your journey on the Baiona Bay, the home of La Pinta, the first ship to return to Europe and share Columbus’ findings in the Americas in 1493.
- Enjoy ample time to reflect in nature—and also share this profound experience, tread by so many travelers and seekers before you, with Indagare founder Melissa Biggs Bradley, and fellow travelers who share your interests.
- Meet with a documentary filmmaker who has covered the history and influence of the Camino for unique insights.
- Stay at authentic “Paradores” hotels as you make your way to Santiago de Compostela, and stop in historic towns to sample Galician cuisine, wines and local crafts.
- Conquer the Camino de Santiago, the Indagare way—with support from the best guides and private car transport on the ground, whenever you need it, from start to finish.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert Insider Journeys team will help you navigate a safe and rewarding travel experience—and can help plan custom trip extensions in Spain, Portugal or beyond (with the purchase of Indagare membership). Plus: You’ll have complimentary 24/7 access to the emergency medical, security and evacuation services of Global Rescue, while on the ground.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
The health and safety of our travelers is our No. 1 priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. For any questions, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
WhenMay 19 or 21 - 26, 2023
Length6 days / 5 nights
Type of TravelerAdventurers , Soul Searchers , Intellectuals