Indagare’s favorite hot spot restaurants change all the time, but there are some staples in each of the destinations we love that never go out of style. Here is our current short list for the best restaurants in Tel Aviv.
Best Restaurants in Tel Aviv for Lunch
- Hot Spot: Tzfon Abraxas, a hip, vegetable-centric restaurant helmed by famed local chef Eyal Shani that is great for a long lunch (and has a fantastic playlist of Israeli and 1980s music).
- Quick Break: Miznon, a lauded grab-and-go pita spot, or Dallal, a casual café with light lunch fare and alfresco seating.
- Relaxed but Refined: Popina serves delicious French-inspired fare with a lively atmosphere.
- Healthy: Bana, the city’s trendy vegan restaurant with a gorgeous dining room and cuisine like roasted eggplant in a yellow pea stew with tahini and pine nuts.
Related: The 10 Best Restaurants in Jerusalem
Best Restaurants in Tel Aviv for Dinner
- Big Night Out: Milgo & Milbar: This accessible but upscale spot located in a classic Bauhaus-style historic house creates modern Israeli fare with a unique international twist.
- Relaxed but Refined: Opa: This vegan restaurant in the same vein as BANA is also helmed by a female chef and features a small degustation menu in a hidden speakeasy type space; best for couples.
- Cocktails: The Library Bar, the chic, 1940s colonial-style bar at the Norman Hotel.
- Hot Spot: Nechama Vahetsi is a chic café and celebrity hot spot.
- Foodie Favorite: Claro, which serves innovative Israeli food with global influences in a preserved wine distillery that still holds the original limestone walls and frescoes.